After Theatre Steak with Encore Sauce
Purchased from Black Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Dated 1944.
- 6 pounds center cut sirloin, 2 inches thick
- ½ cup Kitchen Bouquet spice
- 3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1/3 cup degreased meat drippings
- Imported olive oil
- Coat Steak with Kitchen Bouquet and then cracked pepper to taste.
- Set aside for an hour or more.
- To make sauce, mix together melted butter, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and catsup.
- Beat with a wire whisk to mix and set aside.
- Sprinkle olive oil on Steak and rub evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 and cook Steak uncovered for approximately 45 minutes.
- Turn heat off, open door slightly and leave another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Arrange meat on platter.
- Add meat drippings to sauce, whisk again and heat.
- Serve Steak at room temperature.