All Bran Bread
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Dated 1927
- 4 ounces All-Bran cereal
- 12 ounces hot strong tea
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces cake and pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- 12 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large bowl mix dried fruit and bran.
- Pour hot tea over this mixture and let stand covered overnight.
- In the morning add egg,flour, salt and syrup and mix well then divide between 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pans then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Serve sliced and buttered.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group