Almond Chicken with Lemon Cream
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 6 pieces boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1½ cups toasted almonds finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pat chicken pieces dry then dredge with flour and shake off any excess.
- Combine eggs with salt and pepper.
- In another dish combine bread crumbs and almonds.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then pat crumb mixture onto chicken breasts.
- Arrange in one layer on a cookie sheet or tray and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet then add chicken breasts.
- Cook gently for 6 minutes on each side until lightly browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm at 200°F while preparing sauce.
- To make sauce wipe pan clean and return to heat.
- Add lemon juice, mustard and cream then bring to a boil then reduce until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle over chicken breasts.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group