Alternative:Brown Rice Casserole
|Alternative:Brown Rice Casserole|
|Servings:||6 to 8|
|Time:||½ hour, plus a few minutes prep time|
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet peas
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- cooking spray
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Combine cheese, mushrooms, peas, and rice in large bowl.
- Coat 1½ quart baking pan with cooking spray.
- Move mixed ingredients to baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds on top
- Bake 5 minutes more.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Instant brown rice will work fine.
- Mushroom 'stems & pieces' are okay.