Purchased from the Malin Estate in Caddo Mills, Texas in 1995. Date and source unknown.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 32 large fresh mushrooms
- vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- ½-cup minced tart apple
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons walnuts finely chopped and toasted
- 1-tablespoon blue cheese crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towels.
- Remove stems.
- Finely chop ⅓ cup of stems, reserving remaining stems for another use.
- Set mushroom caps aside.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add ⅓ cup reserved chopped mushroom stems and celery.
- Sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
- Combine celery mix, apple and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir well.
- Spoon 1½ teaspoons apple mix into each reserved mushroom cap.
- Place mushrooms in a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.