Apple Buttermilk Bread
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine both flours, the bran cereal, baking soda, baking powder, and ginger.
- In large bowl, beat buttermilk, sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and orange zest.
- Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in apples.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.