Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (oatmeal), ground
- 1½ cups raisins, seedless
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the spelt, or whole wheat flour, and the ground rolled oats (oatmeal) in a bowl and mix together. (The rolled oats can be ground in a blender on high speed. Be sure that the container is dry before grinding.)
- Add the cinnamon and mix.
- Add 1 cup of the raisins and mix well to ensure that the raisins are separated and each one is coated with the flour mixture.
- Wash the apples and cut into quarter sections.
- Remove and discard the cores.
- Place apple sections in the blender container.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of raisins and blend at high speed until all the raisins are thoroughly ground and blended with the apples.
- Add the pureed apples and raisins to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a stiff spatula or spoon.
- If the cookie dough is too stiff, you may add another pureed apple or a little apple juice. A thinner dough will make a flatter cookie. A stiff dough will make irregular thick cookies like the ones shown in the photo.
- On a non-stick or lightly oiled baking sheet, place the cookie dough in twelve equal sized "mounds."
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Various ovens bake differently, so we suggest that you begin checking the cookies after 15 and 20 minutes of baking.
- When the apple cinnamon raisin oatmeal cookies are baked, remove from the oven, cool, and enjoy.