Ardichawki bil Lahem
Artichoke with meat
- 12 artichoke heads
- 14 oz minced meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fried pine nuts
- 2 tbsp butter for frying meat and onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped boiled carrots (optional)
- a dash of ground pepper
- a dash of ground allspice
- a dash of flour
- 2 cups water for cooking artichokes
- Cover artichoke heads with water, flour and lemon juice.
- boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove and fry in some butter.
- Place aside.
- Fry onion until soft.
- Stir in meat, salt, and spice.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat from heat.
- Stir in carrots.
- Distribute meat mixture over prepared artichokes.
- Place in a tray.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve artichokes hot, garnished with pine nuts and accompanied by cooked rice, radishes and lemon.