Arizona Skillet Dinner
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 2 medium garlic clove
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp cumin seed, ground
- 32 oz tomatoes, canned
- 15 oz kidney beans, canned
- 8 oz macaroni, uncooked
- 2 oz Monterey jack, shredded
- 10 oz corn, frozen
- Chop the onion and green pepper.
- Drain and rinse the canned beans.
- Cook macaroni per instructions and drain.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and cumin; saute for about 4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes (undrained) breaking them with a spoon.
- Add kidney beans and corn (already thawed); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Toss in cooked macaroni.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.