- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa by placing it in a large bowl and filling the bowl with cold water.
- Drain the quinoa and repeat the rinsing and draining 4 more times; set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and ginger, and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the orange juice, water, honey, salt, coriander, cardamom, and nutmeg; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the sweet potato and squash; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, 7 minutes.
- Stir in the butter beans and quinoa, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries; simmer, covered, 5 minutes longer.