Azalea's Sea Bass with Corn Ragout
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch leeks, washed, diced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 bunch basil, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup clam broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 6 fillets Chilean sea bass
- Cut corn off cob.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Sauté corn, leeks, shallots and ginger 20 minutes.
- Remove half of corn ragout; add basil, reserve.
- Add clam broth to ragout in pan.
- Bring to a simmer; puree.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Slice mushroom caps thin; lay atop fish fillets.
- Sauté, mushroom side down, until opaque.
- Set on warm plates with sauce and reserved corn ragout.