- Cut off the stem ends of the Eggplants and prick the Eggplants all over with a fork.
- Place them directly on an oven rack and let them roast until they are sagging, wrinkled, crumpled, and totally soft.
- Remove them gingerly from the oven and wait until they are cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out their insides and squeeze out the water (this removes the bitterness). Mash well.
- Combine with all other ingredients except the olive oil.
- Chill the ganouj completely and drizzle the oil over the top just before serving.