Baked Cod with Leek Sauce
- Place Cod loins on a buttered sheet pan, sprinkle with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 400 F hot oven for 8–10 minutes.
- Cut, wash and slice leeks very thin.
- Melt butter in a heavy, deep skillet, add leeks and cook at a moderate heat until soft - not brown.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer for 6–8 minutes.
- Pour in the juice from the fish, then the cream and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with the fish and boiled vegetables. #Sprinkle with chopped chives for decorating.