This is a variation of the Pepper Jack Potato Baked Omelet. I perfected this recipe in 1990. It is a mainstay and served at least once a week.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 large new potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ½ pound pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground horseradish
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Mix potatoes, cheese, eggs and butter together.
- Stir in salt, pepper, mustard, cayenne pepper, jalapeno and horseradish.
- Pour into a buttered dish and bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes.