Baked Pears with Lemon Sauce
- Cut pears in half lengthwise and remove cores.
- Arrange pears, cut side up, in a glass baking dish.
- Combine water, honey and cloves and pour over pears.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm pears with ¼-cup chilled lemon sauce.
- To make sauce combine cornstarch and ¼-cup milk in a small saucepan, stirring until blended.
- Add remaining ½-cup milk and cinnamon. Simmer over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Reduce heat and stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving.