Baked Squid with Garlic-Anchovy Pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs Small Squid, cleaned, bodies sliced into ¼-inch rings tentacles halved if large
- 1 cup Plain dried bread crumbs (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Anchovy paste
- 1/2 lbs Dried capellini (or other thin Pasta)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
In a large bowl, toss the Squid with the breadcrumbs, oregano, pepper, and one teaspoon salt.
Spread the Squid in a large baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with any leftover crumbs.
Drizzle ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on top.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until the Squid is golden brown and crunchy.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the garlic and the anchovy paste into the remaining ¼ cup oil and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Cook, whisking, until fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes; add salt to the boiling water.
Add the capellini and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 3 minutes.
Drain the Pasta and return it to the saucepan.
Add the anchovy sauce and the butter and toss to coat; make a bed of capellini on a platter or plates.
Mound the baked Squid on the Pasta and serve with lemon wedges.