Baked Taco Sandwich
Who says tacos have to be served in a taco shell? These tacos are like open-face sandwiches you eat with a fork. And you probably have all the ingredients you need on hand!
- Prep: 10 minutes - Bake: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounces) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (3 ounces)
- sour cream, if desired
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomato, if desired
Heat oven to 450?F. Grease square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
Cook Beef and taco seasoning mix as directed on envelope of seasoning mix.
Mix Bisquick mix and cold water until soft dough forms; spread in pan.
Spread Beef mixture over dough.
Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Immediately sprinkle with Cheese. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until Cheese is melted.
Serve with remaining ingredients.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Not recommended.
- Makes 4 servings
- Substitution: More zip? Use shredded taco-seasoned Cheese or Monterey jack Cheese with jalape'o peppers to boost that great Southwest flavor!
- Nutritioanl Info Per 1 Serving: Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 250); Fat 28g (Saturated 12g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 970mg; Potassium 430mg; Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 29g
- Diet Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 High-Fat Meat