Banana Boston Cream Dessert
Bisquick™ mix and instant pudding make this showstopper of a dessert a piece of cake!
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- From www.bettycrocker.com
- 1½ cups original Bisquick™ mix
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas
- ¼ cup chocolate or fudge topping
- 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Beat pudding mix (dry) and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer on low speed about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour round pan, 9x1½ inches.
- Beat remaining ingredients except bananas and chocolate topping on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Serve cake topped with pudding and bananas.
- Drizzle with chocolate topping.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft). No changes.
- Substitution: Caramel topping makes a great stand-in for (or addition to!) the chocolate or fudge topping.