Basic Cranberry Orange Relish
- Cut the unpeeled orange into eights; remove seeds.
- Wash the fresh cranberries in a large bowl or pan of water, sorting out any squishy or moldy ones (if frozen, just use as is).
- Place half the cranberries in a food processor.
- Process until chopped about the size of coarse pickle relish.
- Place in a bowl. Process the rest of the cranberries.
- Place half the oranges in food processor and proceed as above, mixing the chopped orange and peel into the cranberries.
- Add the Sugar. Stir well. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to chill, and so the best flavor can develop.
If you prefer a jelled relish, use 1 package of unflavored gelatin. Sprinkle gelatin in 1/4 cup of water and let it soften. Heat in the microwave until dissolved. Add to the relish along with 1/2 cup of orange juice.
Recipe from the sneaky kitchen.