Bass with Avocado Sauce
- 1 small ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 16 oz bass fillets (alternate fish: jumbo cod, orange roughy, grouper)
- ⅓ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- vegetable cooking spray
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Set mixture aside.
- Combine lemon juice and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; dip fish fillets in lemon juice mixture, and dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F for 7 minutes; turn fillets over, and bake an additional 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving platter, and top with avocado sauce.
- Calories: 193 | protein: 23.6g | carbohydrate: 10g | fat: 6g | cholesterol: 63mg | sodium: 332mg