- Cook the potatoes until soft, peel and mash coarsely.
- Chop or crush together the green chillies, garlic, ginger and the coriander leaves.
- Using the mentioned ingredients make a thick batter.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, after they crackle add the curry leaves.
- Mix in all the rest of the tempering ingredients and add to the mashed potatoes.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal sized portions, approximately the size of a lemon.
- Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry until golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with a chutney.