Beefy Now and Later Casserole
Makes 6 servings. (Each baking dish)
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, chopped
- Cook zucchini in small amount of salted water in large covered saucepan about 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Cook Beef, Onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder in large skillet until meat is no longer pink and Onion is tender crisp. Pour off excess fat.
- Combine rice, green chiles and zucchini in large bowl. Add meat mixture.
- Blend eggs, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in small bowl; stir into meat mixture.
- Divide evenly into two greased shallow 2-quart baking dishes. Top each with 1 cup Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake one at 350 degrees 30 minutes. Cover and freeze other one for later use. Thaw in refrigerator before baking.