Best-ever Chocolate Cake
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pouter Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1988. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups chocolate chips divided use
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, water and eggs.
- Beat until blended then mix in 2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and stir until smooth then drizzle over cake.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group