Breakfast Scrambled Egg Casserole
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager Estate in Canton, Texas in 1982. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup cooked ham cubed
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 12 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- In medium saucepan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons butter then add flour, salt and pepper and stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add milk then cook until thickened and bubbly whisking constantly.
- Once thickened remove from heat and stir in cheese and stir until melted then set aside.
- In large skillet melt 3tablespoons butter then sauté ham and onions until lightly browned.
- Add eggs and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cheese sauce then mix well.
- Pour into well greased baking dish.
- In medium saucepan melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group