- Prep: 25 minutes
- Bake: 25 minutes
- Makes 12 Servings
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen broccoli cut
- 1 large onion, Chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 x 3-ounce packages cream cheese with chives, cut up
- ¾ cup Soft breadcrumbs (about 1 slice of bread)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions. Drain well.
- Place in a large saucepan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook onion in the 2 tablespoons margarine or butter until tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, basil, and pepper.
- Add milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cream cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Turn into a 2-quart casserole.
- Toss together breadcrumbs, cheese, and the 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 °F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Refrigerate Unbaked Casserole, Covered, up to 1 Day, And Bake as Directed. Or, Freeze up to 1 Month; Thaw Frozen Casserole in Refrigerator Overnight, And Bake For 40 to 45 Minutes or Until Heated Through.