Broccoli and Water Chestnuts in Citrus-Ginger Sauce
- Begin by cutting the tops off the broccoli, then cut them into small florets, and set aside.
- Peel the stems of the broccoli, removing and discarding any tough parts; Cut the stems in half lengthwise, and then thinly slice them.
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, stir-fry the sliced broccoli stems in the oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved broccoli florets, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry an additional 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add the water chestnuts and stir-fry for an additional 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, water, tamari, cornstarch, toasted sesame oil, and sugar, and whisk well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the wok, along with the orange zest, and cook stirring constantly until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer to a large bowl or platter for service.
- Calories 64
- Fat 4 Carbs 7 g
- Sodium 20 Mg
- Fiber 2 g