Broiled Flounder Continental
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (Flounder, sole, or Cod)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup peeled and deveined cooked Shrimp, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 of large cucumber, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- Arrange fillets in greased shallow baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, garlic, dill and broth in medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in Mushrooms and Shrimp. Pour over fillets and broil 5 minutes longer.
- Cook cucumber and Onion in butter in large skillet until tender crisp.
- Add rice and pimento; heat thoroughly. Serve with broiled fish.