Brown Rice Pancakes with Smoked Turkey
Makes 12 pancakes (6 servings).
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup [[honey]
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 15 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey breast meat]
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; stir in rice.
- Add lemon juice to milk; beat in egg yolks and stir into dry ingredients. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Heat a small amount of oil in large skillet; pour in ½ cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until browned; turn once. Keep warm until served.
- Combine cranberries [[honey]], salt, wine and water in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water; stir into sauce until thickened.
- Remove from heat; cover and cool about 30 minutes. Do not remove lid during cooling.
- For each serving, top 2 pancakes with about 2½ ounces smoked Turkey breast, thinly sliced or shredded, then with cranberry sauce.