California Avocado Beef Patties
- 1 medium-size California avocado lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp diced green chile peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp chopped green onion
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Pound lean ground Beef
- ½ Cup shredded jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted butter lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices tomato
In a bowl, mash remaining avocado half.
Add Beef and combine thoroughly (mixture will be moist).
With your hands, shape meat into 4 patties, each about 3/4 inch thick.
Microwave a 10-inch browning dish or skillet on HIGH (100%) for 4 1/2 minutes.
Carefully remove dish (the bottom is very hot) to a heat proof surface.
Place patties in dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes. Drain off fat.
Turn patties over. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until juices run clear when patty is slashed.
Sprinkle each patty with 2 tablespoons of the Cheese. Cover with wax paper and let stand for 5 minutes.
Cover with remaining buns.