- Combine lukewarm water, sugar, and dry yeast in a large bowl, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Add warm orange juice and beat until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of the flour gradually, beating gently smooth.
- Cover bowl and set in a warm place until bubbly and light (30 – 40 minutes).
- Add salt, margarine, and grated orange and lemon rinds; beat gently to mix.
- Stir in remaining flour gradually, mixing well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Place in a large, oiled bowl, turning dough around to to coat all over.
- Cover bowl; place in warm place until dough has doubled in size (1 – 2 hours).
- Punch dough down in several places.
- Knead on board for 5 minutes.
- Shape into a loaf and place in an oiled 8½" x 4½" x 2½" loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- When bread has risen, bake 35 – 45 minutes.
- When done, remove bread from pan and cook on wire rack.
Food exchange per serving: 1 starch exchange per slice(1 oz slice) low-sodium diets: omit salt. Substitute salted margarine.