This recipe was taken from Cathy's Menu and recipes for the week of 2/11/07
- 2 lb sausage
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tsp oregano
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp basil
- 3 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato sauce and 1 can of water
- 2 can (6 oz) tomato paste and 2 cans of water
- 1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans mushrooms
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 pkg. Italian seasoning
- 2 blocks (8 oz.) mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg. shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- dash pepper
- dash salt
- olive oil
- 1 egg
- Chop 3 garlic cloves, add garlic to olive oil and cook until garlic Bubbles.
- Add the Onion, turn to medium low.
- Simmer on low heat about 5 minutes.
- While simmering, add other ingredients and mix well.
- Stir every couple minutes; do this for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, parsley, a dash of black pepper and 1 tsp of basil.
- Mix well with a fork and set aside.
- Spoon a small amount of lasagna sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer noodles, then dollop lasagna filling about 2" apart; carefully spread out.
- Top with mozzarella cheese slices
- Spoon lasagna filling on top of this.
- Sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese mixture on top of this.
- Repeat process.
- Cover pan and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook 10 more minutes.
- Take out and let sit 10 more minutes before serving.