Cheery Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour three 5-3/4x3-1/4x2-inch miniature loaf pans.
- Stir together chocolate chips, cranberries, pecans and orange peel in small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together flour, Sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; with pastry blender, cut in
- shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in orange juice, egg and reserved chocolate chip mixture just until moistened; divide evenly among
- prepared pans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle cocoa DRIZZLE GLAZE over top.
- 3 loaves.
- Microwave butter in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH (100%) 20 to 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir in cocoa and water.
- Microwave at HIGH 15 to 30 seconds or just until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and smooth when stirred.
- Do not boil.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth.
- If necessary, add additional water, a few drops at a time, until of desired consistency.
- About 1/4 cup glaze.