Chicken with Lemon, Tomatoes and Onions
- thighs and drumsticks from 1 chicken
- 1 lemon
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- spoonful of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- basil, pepper
- Squeeze lemon thoroughly.
- Remove seeds from juice.
- Marinate chicken in lemon with pepper and basil (as much as you can afford) until you need it.
- Sauté onions and garlic in a little butter over high heat, until golden brown and tender.
- Remove to a plate.
- In same skillet, with a bit more butter, sear chicken on both sides until brown.
- Return onions to skillet.
- Turn down heat.
- Add a tablespoon butter; stir in mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Add tomatoes and a lot of pepper.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink (about 20 minutes).
- Serve over couscous.
- Serves 1 with leftovers for one other meal.
- Also good with garlic bread.