Cinnamon Buns with Pecans, Cherries and Glaze
These buns are really yummy and cinnamony. The cherries make these alittle different which we liked and the glaze makes them pretty and good too. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Makes 18 cinnamon buns.
- 1½ cups each chopped pecans, dried tart cherries, light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pkg three x 1 pound frozen bread doughs, thawed
- Coat 2 pans of jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix pecans, cherries, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter.
- Divide into thirds.
- On floured surface, roll 1 loaf of dough into 12x8 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle third of filling mixture over dough.
- Starting from a long side, roll up dough, jelly roll fashion, to enclose filling.
- Slice crosswise into 6 equal pieces.
- Place 1 piece, cut side down, in each muffin cup.
- Cover with plastic wrap, let rise 30 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough and remaining filling.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- In bowl, mix sugar, water, vanilla until good glazing consistency.
- Drizzle over warm buns.
- Serve warm on plates.
- Goes good with a hot cup of coffee.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group