Cottage Cheese Paste
In Romanian: Pasta de brinza de vaca
- 14 oz / 400 g cottage cheese
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 oz / 100 g raisins
- 2 oz / 50 g ground walnuts
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Sieve or grind the cheese.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, add milk, salt, vanilla and set on the range, stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add butter, mix well.
- When the mixture is almost cold, add cheese, sour cream, raisins and walnuts.
- Put this mixture into a cloth, tie tightly and weigh down with something heavy for 5 – 6 hours.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Then remove from the cloth and cut like a layer cake.