Cottage Cheese Strudel
In Romanian: Strudel cu brinza de vaca
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- Mix the cheese with the eggs, salt and sugar.
- Knead with your hands.
- Arrange the cheese mixture at one end of the greased strudel dough.
- Cover with the edge of the dough and roll like a jelly roll.
- Moisten the strudel dough with melted butter or lard.
- You get a long roll which you can cut in 2 or 3, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Arrange in the greased pan, roll next to roll, with a little distance among them.
- Grease the tops with melted butter or lard. Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into serving size portions while still in the pan.
- When it is done, cut and sprinkle with vanilla flavored sugar.