Country Breakfast Cereal
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups water*
- milk or cream (optional)
- honey or brown sugar (optional)
- fresh fruit or toasted nuts (optional)
- Combine rice, salt, butter, raisins and cinnamon with water 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 to 55 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Serve with milk or cream, honey or brown sugar, and fresh fruit or nuts, if desired.
- For moister rice, add ¼ cup of water.