Crêpe Cups with Ginger Fruit
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Rest Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 42 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 11 oz mandarin oranges
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat twenty 1¾-inch muffin cups and a nonstick griddle with cooking spray; set cups aside.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, flour, oil, and salt until combined.
- For each crêpe, spoon 1 tablespoon batter onto griddle, pouring slowly to make circles.
- Cook crêpes, 4 or 5 at a time, for 30 to 60 seconds or until bottoms are golden and tops appear dry.
- Use a spatula to transfer crêpes to paper towels, brown sides up.
- If desired, trim edges.
- Place crêpes, brown sides down, into prepared muffin cups, pleating as necessary to fit.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool in pans on 12 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Carefully remove cups from pans.
- To serve, spoon ginger fruit into cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger.
- Gently stir in one 11-ounce can mandarin orange sections, drained and chopped, and 1 cup quartered red and/or green seedless grapes.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- 37 Calories | 0g Saturated Fat | 23mg Sodium | 1g Protein | 6g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 1g Total Fat | 11mg Cholesterol
- Exchanges: ½ other carb
- Carb choices: ½
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/