Crab Salad with Pimento Mayonnaise
A nice relatively low-fat,low-carb crab or lobster salad with a roasted pepper and chive dressing. by DiScharf
- ¼ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons roasted pimentos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped fine
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2⅔ cups cooked crabmeat or lobster meat
- 6 cups mesclun
- lemon wedges (to garnish)
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimentos, garlic, chives, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Scrape into bowl and fold in crab or lobster.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and black pepper.
- Divide mesclun into 4 servings on large plates and spoon salad on top.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Per 53g serving, excluding low-fat mayonnaise, 2⅔ cups crabmeat, mesclun:
- Calories 12 | Calories from Fat 0 (5%) | Total Fat 0.1g 0% (Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%, Polyunsat. Fat 0.0g, Monounsat. Fat 0.0g , Trans Fat 0.0g} | Cholesterol 0mg 0% | Sodium 85mg 3% | Potassium 61mg 1% | Total Carbohydrate 2.0g 0% (Dietary Fiber 0.2g 0%, Sugars 1.5g) | Protein 1.1g 2% | Vitamin A 305mcg 6% | Vitamin B6 0.0mg 2% | Vitamin B12 0.1mcg 1% | Vitamin C 8mg 14% | Vitamin E 0mcg 0% | Calcium 34mg 3% | Magnesium 4mg 1% | Iron 0mg 1% | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0mg
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/