Cranberry Cheese Biscuits
Purchased from a garage sale in Mineral Wells, Texas in 1994. Date and source unknown. These are tried and true and very good.
- 3 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1-1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1-teaspoon celery salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup halved fresh cranberries
- 1-tablespoon Sugar
- In a large bowl combine biscuit mix, Cheese and celery salt.
- Add milk and stir until dough cleans the bowl.
- Fold in cranberries and Sugar.
- Knead dough a few times on a heavily floured surface until a smooth ball.
- Roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter dipped in flour into 2-inch rounds.
- Place rounds onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 12 minutes.