Cranberry Orange Salad
Submitted by Dick Miale and sampled at diabetes holiday food fest, Chesapeake General Hospital, Chesapeake, VA
- recipe provided by EVMS (Eastern Virginia Medical School), Norfolk, VA
- 1 medium orange
- ½ cup raw cranberries
- sugar substitute equal to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pack sugar-free gelatin, red
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ice cubes
- Quarter the orange and remove seeds, combine orange and cranberries in food processor and chop finely.
- Add sugar substitute and set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Combine cold water and enough ice cubes to make 1 cup ice water.
- Add water to gelatin and stir.
- Set aside until ice cubes melt.
- Add fruit mixture.
- Pour into a 2 cup mold or an 8 inch square pan which has been sprayed with PAM.
- Chill until firm.
35 calories per serving