Cranberry Orange Salad Dressing
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1986. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 2 vanilla beans split lengthwise
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 3 bags fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan then add vanilla beans and bring to a simmer.
- Add orange juice, cranberries, salt and black pepper then simmer until cranberries begin to pop and become tender about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group