Cranberry Tofu Dessert
Makes 12 servings.
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package "slice and bake" sugar cookie dough
- 1 (10 ounce) package "lite" silken tofu, extra firm
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sprinkle the flour onto work surface. Roll out chilled sugar cookie dough to ⅛ inch thick.
- Roll dough to an 11-inch circle; fit dough into a 10- or 10½-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 375 °F for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool.
- Combine cranberries, the ⅔ cup sugar, water, cornstarch and orange juice in saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drain tofu and wrap in paper towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl or use blender. Add silken tofu, vanilla extract, almond extract and the ⅓ cup sugar. Process until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cookie dough crust.
- Arrange cooled cranberry sauce over tofu filling. Chill.
Cookie crust may be baked ahead, but filling should be added not more than 4 hours before serving.