Cream Cheese Mints I
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 130 mints
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ to 1 tbsp desired flavoring
- food coloring 
- 6½ to 7½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- granulated sugar
- In mixing bow, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add desired flavoring and coloring.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until dough is very thick and heavy, but not dry.
- Roll in small balls.
- Dip in granulated sugar.
- Press into small rubber molds.
- Experiment to get the size ball needed to fill mold.
- If mixture tends to stick, add more powdered sugar.
- Mints should unmold easily without sticking.
- Place mints on plate and allow to dry somewhat before storing in covered container in refrigerator or freezer.
- Paste food coloring works better than the liquid. Use sparingly, a little goes a long way.