Creamy Squash, Apple and Corn Bisque
- 1 lbs acorn or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 medium leeks, rinsed well and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 scallions, finely minced-for garnish
- Over medium heat, saute the squash and apples in the butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add leeks and garlic and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and corn and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and nutmeg and heat just until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with the minced scallions.
- 300 calories
- 7g pro
- 39g carb
- 15g fat (42%)