Creamy au Gratin Potatoes
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 4 to 5
- ½ cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, cubed (3 oz)
- 3 to 4 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns or potatoes (O'Brien, Ore Ida)
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 1 quart casserole dish.
- In 1 quart pan, over medium heat, cook frozen onion until tender.
- Stir in soup and cream cheese cubes.
- Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and hot.
- In casserole, alternately layer frozen potatoes and hot cream sauce, ending with a sauce layer.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.