Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
This holiday side cooks on the countertop while your turkey and dressing fill your oven. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 4 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 (29 oz) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed (about 4 cups mashed)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream; stir well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 3-qt slow cooker.
- Combine pecans and remaining 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high 3 – 4 hours.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group