Cypriot Pumpkin and Bulgur Pie
- To make the stuffing for the pie we sauté the shallots in a little olive oil, and then add the pumpkin, and the pounded wheat and cook for an extra minute.
- We pour in the broth and raisins and cook until all the juices have almost evaporated.
- We season with the sugar, salt and pepper and we fold in the mint.
- We cook the pies in small individual tartlets (6 cm in diameter).
- For the sauce we run all the ingredients in the blender for two minutes and then strain.
- We make a salad with the cilantro leaves, which we dress with the lemon juice and olive oil, and serve it with the pie.
- The cilantro oil goes on the sauce.