Dufflet's Light Lemon Cheesecake
- Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with parchment or waxed paper; grease side.
- Combine crumbs with butter.
- Stir together corn syrup with 1 tb water; stir into crumbs until well mixed.
- Press into botom of pan. Bake in 375f/190c oven for 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in cheesecloth-lined sieve, drain yogurt for 20 minutes.
- In food processor, combine granulated sugar and lemon rind until Sugar is pale yellow colour.
- Add cottage cheese, eggs and egg whites, lemon juice and vanilla; process until mixture is very smooth.
- Gradually mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- Gently press yogurt to squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Add yogurt to food processor along with flour; process just until smooth.
- Pour mixture into springform pan; tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Centre pan on large piece of foil; press tightly around base of pan.
- Set pan in larger pan; pour in enough hot water to come 1-inch up side of pan.
- Bake in 300f 150c oven for 1-½ hours or until edge is set but centre still jiggles slightly.
- Remove from oven; let cheesecake stand in pan of water for 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from larger pan; remove foil.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or up to 2 days.
- Before serving, gently run knife around side of pan. Arrange Berries over top.