Dutch Rhubarb Cream
- Combine rhubarb, 1 cup of water, Sugar, and lemon rind in med. sized saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until tender.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the 1/2 cup water in a 1 cup measure.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir into the hot mixture.
- Cook 5 minutes more, mashing the rhubarb.
- Pour into a bowl; chill until mixture will hold its shape when spooned.
- Beat cream until stiff; fold into rhubarb until no streaks remain.
- Spoon into individual dishes and chill for 4 hours or until soft-set.